Thursday, May 29, 2008

May-29 Up or Down?

I believe on FA side, the stock market should not go down significantly. GDP tells us something but not everything. But at least US is growing at 0.9%, not in a recession anyway. My theory tells me the DOW should be staying above 13000 to price in the economy without recession. On the housing price, there is a recent hot topic in Asian magazines for wealthy people, both eastern and western Asian, regarding bottom fishing the US housing market. Although I am not really sure where will be the bottom of the housing price in US, I guess it won't be too far away, maybe around late this year if it comes earlier.

I am not able to cover the market everyday in next 2 months until August or even later, as I need to settle down my personal stuff. I think I will update when I can, maybe twice a week or a bit more. I think in general, a steady long position for long term buy and hold is highly recommended. I still expect you can earn more with good picks in your long term positions compare to bonds or savings.

No comments: