Saturday, May 17, 2008

May-17 Preview of next weeks with new picks [VIP] and [SPIL]

I'll be away from 20-28th to Greece therefore I would like to draw your attention in following sectors.
  • Asian sector, including Korean, Hong Kong and Shanghai
  • Retailers, I believe the worst time for retailers has been past
The general market is still in the uptrend. The current target for Nasdaq is 2600, DOW 13200. If DOW holds above 13200, obviously 13750 will be our next target.

Another Russian play I would add to my pick list is VIP. This guy has been underperformed for a while as it spiked a lot during 2007. I think there is nothing changed for its FA given Russian has just begun to explode. To me VIP has already touched the bottom and unlike its peers such as MTL and WBD on my list with great success in past month, it has good potential to rise to new high.

I mentioned TSM and EWT weeks before but didn't put my pick list, but anyway it's still not too late to add SPIL to my pick list. I believe there will be another huge wave for Taiwanese stocks given the speculation on establishment of sweeter policies with mainland. SPIL is a good company anyway, as in these tough times for semiconductor industry, it does not directly design products but provides testing and packaging service for them, which is always required in the semi-industry. Besides, semiconductors has already bottomed out, therefore I am quite optimistic on its future performance.

No comments: