Monday, May 19, 2008

May-19 Time for Greater China Area

With CEO and YZC are not walking to their all time high, Hong Kong index continue to be slightly more outperformed than US market. In the same time, Taiwan index soared more than 1% today to welcome new area leader who will take over Taiwan for next couple of years. Given the polican instability of Taiwan, the Taiwanese stocks are usually low on PE, I believe this will change in next couple of years. Taiwan may establish more than 6% anualized GDP growth again in the near future and most people are optimitics on the future. I have already recommend SPIL, and you can always think about EWT and TSM as Taiwan plays.

A share is in the consolidation mode and I think following the politics is quite essential to play A share stocks. Buy steels, basic materials, banks and brokers but stay away from real estates.

From tomorrow to 28th, I am not be able to update my comments. Maybe there will be 1-2 comments once I have internet, but I am skeptical about my correctness if I cannot track the market in real time. From 30th May - 7th June I'll be traveling a lot again. Fortunately, I don't see much risk out there if you follow my picks and suggestions. Good luck!

No comments: