Thursday, May 15, 2008

May-15 Recent strategy

First of all, many new people coming to this group and welcome! Glad to see people are mostly recommended by friends who are old registers in this mailing list. This implies many people think my emails are useful.

Today a friend discuss with me regarding the scope of trading. Basically, the trade-off between long term capital return, or short term swing profits. For most people, I recommend the long term scope as you may not have time to stick on the market and can not find a good entry or exit price for a certain stock. In many case, people find they can make more money if they can hold long, I believe many people here have similar experience.

Regarding the relationship between the broad market and stock on your hand, I think it is always more important to pick right sectors and stocks than predict the market direction. This has been proved to be true in the past several months when I recommend fertilizers, gold and other commodity stocks. Also, you may also find how fabulous it was to buy CF at 70 and hold until now.

What I want to say is quite simple, for my picks, I think for most people, buy and hold is a good strategy in the current market, if there is a correction but not a reversal to another new low, I would rather recommend to accumulate during the lows. Such as 12700 I said for previous correction.

Anyway, CHU CN and ZNH is still at good price to me, as well as many India stocks, Korean stocks, such as PKX and LPL are both in good shape. I like Asian plays better than anywhere else for recent market.

No comments: