Saturday, June 7, 2008

Jun-8 Crisis is always good for bargain hunters

Sorry for leaving a week again, as I did not have regular connection in the past week. Given the sharp loss on Friday, the market gives me an impression for another round of sell-off, which indicates my prediction on recent bullish was completely wrong. I am not surprised as it can easily be a mistake once I cannot track the market from time to time. I think now I should really focus on possible opportunities in recent market and try to answer the questions on mailing list in the past week.

First, if there is big sell-off again then it is good time to buy nice stocks again, just like the previous sell-off. We have already seen the financial crisis in Vietnam and I see long-term big opportunity right there. Please remember the Southeast Asian financial crisis in 90s, when the blue chips are head cutted, they recovered in next several years. I think it is now the time to closely inspect Vietnam stock market and wait for a stablization in the low positions and buy some funds. I expect the 3rd quarter this year will be a good entry time.

Do not short financial stocks, this downturn is likely to be the last for this sector, in my opinion. Finally, if you want me to mentioned three sectors to long during sell-off, that would be Russian, Russian and Russian.

No comments: