Friday, June 27, 2008

Jun-27 Market Comments

Some people are wrong this time, including me. I thought 12000 could be the bottom and the market should go up. Given the rate steady decision, I think the market should also be able to recover a bit. But I was wrong on that.

However, I was correct on buying zone for stocks like RIO (33-34) and AAPL (155-165), I think it is time to load good stocks again. Split your position into three steps, buy at any point below current level, and 11000, and 10700, if DOW reaches that point, which is not likely.

For risky-free players, I suggest to buy maybe three to five weeks later, you need to both have commodity, tech, airline, and financial stocks this time for your long term positions. Including ACH and ZNH, they may keep silent for years but if you catch one wave, then it's enough.

For A shares and Hong Kong market, I recommend Chinese banks, ICBC is now my recommendation both on A and H. Steel makers are good ones to have as well. Finally, I think Singapore Airline is good to have as well. I plan to add it to my retirement account weeks later.

No comments: