Thursday, April 3, 2008

Apr-3 Market Comments

I just came back from an interview in Switzerland, so I didn't post anything before market open.

Yesterday was a consolidation and today also act in a bullish manner, however, tomorrow's job data may change the short term scheme but won't play a major role for mid-term and longer. Today's jobless claims are worse than expected but it does not indicate much.

Let's review what we had in the past 2 weeks. We may find the emerging markets, including China and Brazil, are really strong sectors, in particular, Brazil stocks that I like best, are even going to make new high soon.

For airliners, maybe I called a bit early, but still, I believe a rebound shortly as I don't see much downside risk.

A-shares, CAF has a good shape because major MMs believe the downside risk for A-shares are really low now. Small fishes in China are eagerly selling their shares, but who is buying? :)

Tomorrow I am traveling to Luxembourg for another interview and will reach home around midnight. Maybe I'll give a summary or simply write something on Saturday.

No comments: