Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mar-06 Intraday Updates

It looks the market is really afraid of the Non-farm payroll data that will be released tomorrow. Nobody is not optimistic about this data, In the market, most people are wrong.

We have already priced in a moderately bad data tomorrow. However, by looking at the weekly jobless claim, it is possible that tomorrow the data will not be that bad.

Am I encouraging you to enter long position now? No, I am not.

I am going to provide you some strategies:

1. If you long stocks, say, Tech or commodities, I suggest you to hedge or reduce your long position.
2. If you short stocks, I suggest you keep your short position, but buy a little financial calls, such as JPM, which has several day decline and BBands lower band touch.

This is TA-wise, for short term, I believe in TA. No matter the data, if it is good, market will drop for a reason, if it is bad, market will use rate cut hope to pump. Whatever, big fish has the final word. We just need to do our own good.

Good luck!

No comments: